Writer's Note August 2026

 

Image: A spray of blooms in a white vase in a dim lit room.


How do you meet people? Reluctantly. 

I’ve met thousands upon thousands; at times it felt like more than my fair share. 

Observe and fix was a role. 

Now I observe and wonder aloud. 

This week, patches within the mist revealed I’d completed a full cycle mapping the night sky; Rigil Kentaurus and Toliman appeared front and centre to my writing desk. 

Medium density at night, dogs off their leash to fuck in the street. Snarling and snapping at each other, no-one's picking up their shit. 

So I looked up, and nothing compares.


Image: chart of blog hits over the past 30 days, seven thousand, seven hundred and ten approximately.


Thank you for your interest gentle reader. 


Siv Parker

House of Abundant Peace

2026






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smooth

The Knockout

Reflections on Bourke

A fresh start

CEO for a Day - 6 May 2015

Boots

Review: Midnight Sun

Edit #27

PANDORA

Nightwalkers 2013